Monday, October 10, 2011

Prepaid International Roaming and Data Card from Clay Telecom

With the availability of services like prepaid data card and prepaid international roaming, you apparently need not worry about staying connected with family, friends and co-workers. There are many wireless telecom service providers these days that offer these services.

So when I decided to visit my cousin in Europe, I thought I would not have any problems staying connected. I went to a reputed telecom services company and got a prepaid international roaming plan from them. I also got a prepaid data card from them as I had some important business that couldn’t wait. But I had a horrible experience with this so-called reliable company! My prepaid SIM didn’t offer me effective coverage; often, calls would be terminated in the middle. When I did get through, the reception was often bad. As for my data card, it was near useless; it was so slow that I took ages to send a simple e-mail. To add insult to injury, the company had the nerve to send me a huge bill for what they called ‘add-on’ services. That too, when their customer service network was unreachable most of the time!   

Naturally I was wondering what to do when I had to go the US last month for an important business conference. I definitely did not want to go the same company again, and I was not sure about other companies too. Then my uncle, who’s quite a frequent traveler himself, suggested that I try Clay Telecom. He had just switched over to them from his old service provider, and was very happy. I thought, “What’s the harm in trying?” So I got a prepaid international roaming plan and prepaid data card from Clay Telecom. The fact that they were so affordable made me more skeptical; I thought I would end up with even worse service than last time. And yes, I did have regrets at the end of my trip; but it was the regret of not having discovered Clay before! My SIM and data card worked like a dream. And now I try to make sure that no one will ever regret not having found Clay Telecom earlier. That’s the least I can do!

0 comments:

Post a Comment